Understand complaints, alleviate symptoms, eliminate causes
Since October 2020 we have expanded our offer for you: As part of a cooperation, Mr. Tobias Hopfner offers an osteopathic consultation once a week in the course room next to the practice. Mr. Hopfner has specialized in gynecological osteopathy, but also offers a wide range of treatments based on his broad educational background. In addition, he has been teaching osteopathy at the Fresenius University of Applied Sciences since 2014. We are pleased to have gained another competent partner for our practice network.
In principle, Mr. Hopfner's offer is open to anyone interested. He is self-employed, so the offer limited to patients of the practice of Dr. Möller*.
Fields of application
In gynecology we are facing number of clinical pictures that cause diffuse symptoms or permanent pain. These can occur depending on the cycle or be completely independent of it. Examples of such symptoms are
- Menstrual pain (dysmenorrhea)
- Pain during sexual intercourse (dyspareunia)
- Scar pain (after childbirth or gynecological surgery)
- Bladder and bowel dysfunction
In many cases we identify an organic problem or a classic gynecological clinical picture causing the mentioned symptoms. Consequently, it is possible to find a suitable therapy in conventional medicine. In some cases, however, there is no tangible organic cause for the patient's complaints. In this case, an osteopathic treatment, after a thorough medical examination, can be helpful.
Osteopathy aims to find movement restrictions and blockages in the body and to resolve them through manual therapy. Such restrictions of movement often lead to pain and sensory disturbances in everyday life. From our experience, an osteopathic treatment can be effective here. Typical clinical pictures in gynecolgy are e.g.
- Uterine fibroids
- Anatomical misalignments
- Scarred changes and psotoperative adhesions
- Nerve irritation
You will receive an individual assessment, also as a second opinion, in our special consultation hour. If you wish, we will exchange information about the individual treatment plan and success directly with Mr. Hopfner as part of the cooperation and coordinate conventional medical and osteopathic treatment.
If you are privately insured or eligible for subsidies, or if you have supplementary health insurance, billing is based on the fee schedule for health practitioners. If you have statutory health insurance and your insurance covers osteopathy treatments, you will need a recommendation for osteopathy from your doctor. If you have any questions about reimbursement, please contact your insurance company before the first treatment.
For those with statutory health insurance and self-payers, you can find the fee at www.osteopathie-hopfner.de. The contact time of a treatment is approximately 1 hour.
In the initial treatment starts with a detailed discussion of the individual symptoms and situation. The duration varies depending on the complexity of the case. In the case of an osteopathic session, the physical examination and the start of treatment usually take place within the first hour. At the beginning of the follow-up appointments there is a short update of the situation followed then by the further treatment.
The last 5-10 minutes are used to discuss the treatment, plan further treatment steps and, if necessary, make appointments.
Payment is made by invoice and bank transfer*.
You can make appointments directly through Mr. Hopfner. You can find his contact details and the option to book online on his homepage. As part of the cooperation, some appointments from a reserved contingent can also be made directly in the gynecological practice of Dr. Möller. If you are interested, please contact the staff directly at the practice during your visit or contact us by phone or email.
* Please note that Mr. Hopfner is self-employed. An independent supervisory relationship is created. The treatment is also settled with the health insurance company or with you directly by Tobias Hopfner Osteopathy. If you authorize us to do so, the practice team and the osteopath coordinate the treatents closely within the cooperation.
- Tobias Hopfner, 40 years
- Training as a physiotherapist from 2003 to 2006 in Munich.
- Alternative practitioner examination in 2011.
- 2013 completion of osteopathic training at the osteopathic academy in Munich.
- Continuous training, etc. as hypnotherapist, neural therapist, mycotherapist between 2011 and 2013. Biodentic hormone therapy in 2017.
- 2013 to 2015 Bachelor's degree in osteopathy at the OSD.
- 2018 to 2019 master's degree in osteopathy at the OSD.
- Since 2014 teaching position for osteopathy at the Hochschule Fresenius in Munich.